Car Aerial Connector Problem

M

marcn_uk

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have recently been given a 1998 Vauxhall combo van (basically a vauxhall Nova), I have an old philips car stereo which i wanted to install as its marginally better than the one that comes with the Vauxhall.

Everything fits fine and the new stereo works well, apart from one major problem. The new stereo aerial connector on the back of the unit is about 1.5cm shorter than the one on the old stereo, and as such it doesn't reach the connector which is fixed nito place.

Does anyone have any idea's how i can fix it? Is there an extention connector i can get?

Many thanks

SeanT

Distinguished Member
yep, they cost a few quid from a motor factor or slightly more from halfords - there are pretty much just two types.

Ayub

Distinguished Member
you can buy extention plugs they are cheap enough ( less than £5) from as the forum user stated Mr T :cool: .

If you can find one. Give me your model number of what you have and what your gonna have fitted and i can get one out in the post to you.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
yep, if ya can get ayub to send you one then it saves you the hassle ;)

Ayub

Distinguished Member
i will get it out to you in the post today SUBJECT to showing me a pic of the back of both h/units or

When you say its a little short you can "pull" it slightly. have you removed it from the original black cage. They are only clipped into place etc.

M

marcn_uk

Thanks for all the responses,

i'll try to unclip it and see if it reaches.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom