1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capturing troubles with sony hc40

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dottor_renzi, Aug 18, 2004.

1. dottor_renzi

dottor_renzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI

I'm getting mad trying to capture a movie made with my sony hc40 into my pc ..the purpouse ids to make a dvd.

I connect my laptop to the camcorder through the USB cable supplied with the camcorder. I do not have firewire cable.

I've tried with ULEAD video studio and with Pinnacle studio 8. Even if I try to set up the better quality ( non compressed AVI file, 25 fps PAL) and the file created is really big the quality in the playback (on both PC and DVD) is poor and non camparable with the quality of the DV.

Tips needed desperatly.

Thanks
    DrR

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Hi dottor_renzi and welcome to the forum :hiya:

To get full quality video onto a PC the only connection that can be used is firewire. USB is just not up to the transfer rates required. USB connections are put onto a camcorder so you can transfer still images to the PC or to use the cam as a webcam.

So I'm afraid that you are going to have to spend a little money to get connected by firewire. If the laptop already has firewire connections on it then you will only need the cable and that should cost you under £10 online. If no onboard firewire then you should be able to get a PCMCIA firewire card for around £20-£30 and that will include a firewire cable.

Mark.