capturing from a Pana NVDS50

irvind

Novice Member
Hi

I have a Panasonic NVDS50, purchased in Dubai, UAE, which came with a USB cable. I once got some footage onto my PC, but only short clips, it just wouldn't capture any more than that. Now I'm on an Apple Powerbook running OSX though, and it doesn't see the cam when connected, which is unusual as it usually sees anything I connect, regardless of drivers being installed or not. I'll email Panasonic to get some help with this, but I wondered (assuming I get the Powerbook to see the cam somehow), what I need to successfully capture with my set-up? The cam just has a mini-USB slot, no FW.

MarkE19

irvind said:
I have a Panasonic NVDS50, purchased in Dubai, UAE, which came with a USB cable. The cam just has a mini-USB slot, no FW.
Yes it does have firewire:

Terminal

Power: Battery Style Adaptor Cable
S-Video Output
AV Output (mini)
Microphone (stereo mini)
Headphones (M3): HP Out or AV Out
USB: 2.0(mini B)
DV Output (IEEE1394)
Firewire aka ieee1394, DV port and iLink

To get full quality video onto a PC or Mac you need to connect via firewire. USB will only give you webcam type video quality.

Mark.

irvind

Novice Member
Ah, it's certainly got a DV output, where did you find that spec sheet? I've run the model number through Google and not found much at all. In fact only 18 results, in English.

Cheers

MarkE19

That was with a Google search :confused: , but I can't find the web site again now for some strange reason.

Mark.

irvind

Novice Member
No worries, thanks for your help anyway!

Cheers

irvind

Novice Member
Got the FW cable today and it all hooked up great, importing now, and no drivers needed. Thanks again for the help!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom