1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capturing DV files on PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by thebrummy_one, Apr 11, 2004.

1. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Again I look to the future! but, when you capture a DV file from your cam to PC, is the audio track seperated?
    ie. When editing, could I remove/replace certain video footage but have the soundtrack continuous from the original clip? (If this makes sense. I know what I mean!) If not, could I use something like my Sony miniDisc recorder MZ-G750 to capture sound, then load this seperately? And if I did, (assuming I brought a mic for it first!) would it be any good. Are there any other options that you could recomend?:lesson:

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    DV files are .avi (audio video interleave) files. The video & audio are captured together but on seperate tracks.

When you load them to your video editing program the video & audio will appear on seperate tracks. You can then do (what I think you are asking) leave the audio exactly as it is but make cuts/changes to just the video & tie it in with your audio how you see fit.

3. thebrummy_one

thebrummy_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Von,
    Thanks a million, that is exactly what I was after knowing.
    AV forum