1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture using 8500DV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by pcpaz, Nov 13, 2002.

1. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone connected their VCR to one of these cards? Which cables did you use as most UK VCR's have a scart output.

Also which software did you use to capture VHS Tapes to your hard drive. This is the only feature on this card that I am having problems with, please help!!:confused:

2. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi

Connecting the VCR to Radeon 8500AIW I used a scart to RCA lead (probably from Tandy many moons ago but should be available at most A/V shops). Plug the scart in and attach the RCA connectors to the RCA inputs on the purple breakout box.

To record just use the input selector on the MMC software (TV) to change the input to composite, play a tape and you should be able to see the picture in the TV window. Just hit the 'record' button to record to the hard drive.

alternativly you could just run an coax from the rf out to the rf in feed on the AIW and then start MMC and tune the video in (make sure you are playing a tape while the software is auto tuning)

Play the tape and hit the 'record' button to record.

Make sure you have selected drive/partition to save the file to and the format of the capture in the MMC options menu.

If you dont have the AIW version then you are knackered AFAIK.:D

Cheers
    Si

3. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, are you using MMC software 7.5 or 7.7 and are you using the Catalyst drivers?

Cheers

4. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Using the catalyst drivers and the latest MMC (I think).

My MMC is quite flakey with the TV part of the application but then I run the machine 24*7 and the MMC process doesn't seem to die when closed most of the time.

Probably have to re-install all the drivers and software (How many reboots :eek: ).

Damn all these Mpeg4 codec versions.......

Cheers
    Si