1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture Quality problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by markleic26, Sep 30, 2004.

1. markleic26

markleic26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Im after a bit of help please
    I've got a new JVC GR-D23 mini DV camcorder, using firewire connection on my 1.2 gib processor, 512 ddr ram and 80 gig drive (partitioned 60gigs as capture drive NTFS). The problem I have the finished DVD on motion scenes is pixalated / the objects that move quickly appear to have horizontal lines which makes it look jerky & jittery. The Still scenes are perfect quality. I have tried capturing in pinnacle studio 9, then rendering & burning in cyberlink power producer as pinnacle kept on crashing. Im now trying ulead studio 7, which is easier to use in my opinion, but still get the same result you can see the pixalation / horizontal lines even in the capture preview. Im burning onto the red datawrite DVD-r's. I have tried many different things and programes but not getting anywhere. I dont think its the camcorder as it plays perfect when plugged directly into the TV and plus I have done 1 other dvd before which is perfect quality, the only difference was that was burnt onto a grey datawrite DVD.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. markleic26

markleic26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes its quite similar but my audio is ok, my problem is when there is a motion scene like when someone walks into the frame and the motion becomes jittery but the rest of the picture and sound if fine.

4. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I'm not familiar with the software you are using but will it allow you to render a short test clip as a full quality mpeg2 file on your hard disk?

You can try playing this file back (WinDVD or similar) to check that the settings in your editing software are giving the resolution/picture quality you would expect.

Once you are satisfied this is OK then start worrying about DVD authoring & burning.