1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture problems with Canon 700i

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Molarmike, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Molarmike

Molarmike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have just purchased a Canon 700i as my entry into video. The camera is fine and the quality on camera screen is great. The problem is when I capture, there are a few random pixels with odd colours (is this "noise"?). I am using XP with movie maker 2. I have tried capturing from a tape wich I know is good (recorded on a JVC from work) so the problem seems to be in the transfer.
    I am using firewire with 6 to 4 adaptor to a Compaq laptop which is fairly new, quite fast and with plenty of hard drive space.
    Please can anyone help? could it be the cable?
    19.40 pm - I've now tried premiere pro and the problem is the same!!

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't give you specific help with your problem but THE place to look if you are having problems and are using Moviemaker2 is :- www.papajohn.org

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    There are a load of things that could be causing the pixelation you are getting. My best guess is that it is interference from something such as the thermostat on your central heating (no I'm not joking!!!) or the fridge/freezer. I've never seen this causing problems, but have read about it on another video editing forum in the past.
    Try switching off all electrical equipment that is not needed and do a test capture. If the capture is clean then you know what you need to do. Another option is to get a firewire cable that is as short as possible, and should be less than 1.8m, and has no converters to reduce the chances of picking up interference.

Mark.