Capture One Express RAW editor free for Sony cameras

SanPedro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May have been posted already... but only just saw it posted elsewhere.

Phase One are doing their Capture One Raw editor free for Sony cameras. Just downloaded it and it seems well featured. The Pro verion is a cheap upgrade as well.

This is not a trial version BTW.

Download Capture One (for Sony)

Just to put others in the picture I have just installed it. According to on screen comments this version will only work with Sony cameras - no others. To test this I have just imported and opened a CR2 raw file but none of the controls seem to work so it seems that it is only any use for those with Sony cameras.

It has imported a Sony RX100 raw file and all functions work.

IT IS however a trial version - 60 days only.

interesting - I knew it was Sony only but I didn't see any mention of it being time limited on the website?

No neither did I but that is what came up when I installed it. You get the normal options of try or buy etc.

press release says it should be free for Sony Ownres - must try installing it - perhaps you need to register to get a key ?

You have to give an email address before the download. I have checked my emails and there is a welcoming response from them but no info on how to unlock it. I have uninstalled it and I will try again.

Watch this space.

Aha I have cracked it. Upon installation there is a multi choice screen.

Install the Pro version (all cameras)
Install the Pro version (Sony only)
Install the Express version (free for Sony users)
DB (free for users of Phase One and Mamiyaleaf)

I missed the third choice when I did the initial installation. So the Express version is free but not the Pro.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom