• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Capture NX upgrade to NX2

steadyeddy

I am trying to upgrade to NX2 and have bought the upgrade version which is asking for the existing version key. I do not seem to be able to find it anywhere. Can anybody tell me how to extract it from the installed NX1.3:)

dazza74

Distinguished Member
If you goto the help menu and select "About Capture NX" in the bottom right hand corner is a serial number seems to be missing the last five digits though when I compare it to the license on my disc

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
AFAIK - you cannot extract the full number from the version you have loaded. If you got your copy of NX bundled with your camera the serial number is on a slip of paper that came in the camera's box.

If that option is no good maybe, if you registered it with Nikon they might be able to help.

steadyeddy

Thanks for the replies folks. After some discussion Nikon refunded the upgrade payment and I have purchased the full NX2 via Amazon ( about £100)
That will teach me to buy dodgy copy of NX1 from ebay!
After being without NX2 since the trial ran out I have discovered that nothing seems to handle the Nikon NEF's as easily or well. Anyway back to normal on Monday:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom