1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capture im moviemaker convert to dvd

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Hbilly, May 4, 2005.

1. Hbilly

Hbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hope someone can help a beginner

If I want to capture video from camcorder using moviemaker2, which setting should i use. will it always save as wmv?
    I then want to burn this onto DVD, can Nero 5.5 convert my file to MPEG2 or is there a free software that will do it?

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No you must capture in MovieMaker as DV-AVI - do not capture as .wmv or you will be very dissapointed with the results.

Stay with DV-AVI through the editing and export of your video - then import the .avi into Nero for conversion and burning.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    IIRC Nero 5.5 will convert the AVI files to DVD compliant MPEG-2 files, but it is very slow and not very good quality. Nero 6 or later is much better, and the latest version allow you to create chapters. Even so I think Nero is not the best program to use. IMO you are better off with a dedicated DVD authoring program such as Ulead DVD Movie Factory that can be bought for around £30 or less, and the results will be much better.

Mark.