Capture Help Please!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by pcpaz, Aug 18, 2004.

1. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly I must say it's get to be back. Haven't been on the forum for a while, my HCPC has been problem free since I changed my ATI All in Wonder 8500DV to a Radeon 9200SE.

However I do miss the capability of recording TV shows on the hard drive, so I need your help. So what's out there? Need a card that records from a coaxial or cable signal.

any help appreciated.

2. Nick Cartwright

Nick Cartwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, the card of choice for a lot of people is the Packard Bell PCTV100 I think it is called, availlable for £40 from any PC world store.

It has some time shifting software with it, and the Svideo and composite inputs are very clean and noise free. The difference between the inputs from my LD player using this card and my old Pinacle were truely amazing.

Highly recomended by me! Try searching the forums for it to see what other people say :)