1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture DV from Canon MVX10i

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by vinyla, Sep 12, 2005.

1. vinyla

vinyla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Canon MVX10i and want to get some footage onto the computer to edit. Premiere does not appear to support this model camera and Google has not come up with any alternatives.

Can anyone suggest some software which supports this camera?

Thanks.

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    How are you connecting the camera to the Computer? You will only be able to transfer your footage using the Firewire connection, NOT the USB.

As far as I'm aware (although I may be wrong), once a camcorder is connected to the PC successfully, then most editing programs should recognise it.

Just make sure you do the following:-

1. Start your PC, but not Premier.
    2. Connect your camcorder using a Firewire connection.
    3. Turn on your camcorder and put it into VCR mode.
    4. The computer will normally indicate that the camcorder has been found.
    5. Start Premier.

If you still have any problems, then someone else may be able to help you further (I don't personally use Premier so don't know all the 'ins and outs' of the program).

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    This statement is basically true, but as in most cases there are a few exceptions. A lot of older versions of editing programs would not work with the Sony MicroMV cams as the file format is different to that on DV. But as long as it is a DV cam then I'm sure all editing packages will work fine with the camcorder - well any software version released since DV cams were released.
    I do, but don't either :devil:
    TBH though I doubt there are many users of Premiere that do know all the 'ins and outs' of the program. It just has far too many features, and that's not even starting with the third party plug-ins etc :suicide:

Mark.