Capture Cards

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by KarlRobinson, Aug 9, 2002.

1. KarlRobinson

KarlRobinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been playing around with my PCTV Rave capture card for a bit and have come to the conclusion that its not that great in terms of quality.

I am expecting too much from analogue sources, are they really that bad on a pc?

2. paublo

paublo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I assume you are using DSCALER.... some of the filters help, but yes I agree it is borderline quality, especially from sources such as VHS...

Some improvement can be had improving the power supply, I bought an Enermax and certainly have reduced the noise by a few percent, but not massive..

I have also read from this forum, that moving the card to the further away slot and wrapping it ( carefully!) in foil etc may also help...

Depends on what you are expecting for £50... I dont expect that much..... very interesting to play with though.... Dscaler is excellent and much better from Laserdisk etc... Version 4 is due soon and from all report even better..

You could spend $1000's on SDI etc etc etc etc...

Paul.