1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capture card ???

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by yorky22, Mar 9, 2003.

1. yorky22

yorky22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all
    do i need a capture card to transfer films from camcorder digital to pc with pinnacle 8, have loaded pinnacle pluged camcorder to pc but when i press play on camcorder on pc nothing happens am i doing something wrong,this is spec of my computer
    pentium 4 2.8 ghz
    120 gb harddrive
    nvidea gforce 4 card 64mb
    onboard nicisound
    regards:confused:

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You don't need a capture card as such but you do need a IEE1394 'Firewire' card. How have you plugged your camcorder to your PC are you using a 'firewire' cable, this is the only way to capture moving digital pictures. Once you have plugged up and opened pinnacle you should not be touching any of the controls on your camcorder, it should all happen automatically when you select capture in your editing software.

3. yorky22

yorky22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi m8
    thanks for that but still nothing happening how do i check to see if firecard is working properly

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Some newer digital camcorders have a USB port on them for transfering still images.
    Could you be connecting useing this?

If you know that you definately have a firewire card (most PC's don't as standard!) then to find if it is working:

Start Menu
    Settings
    Control Panel
    System
    Hardware Tab
    Device Manager

Look for your firewire/ieee1394 port. If it is shown with a yellow ? then it is not working.

Mark.

5. yorky22

yorky22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mark
    have checked that everything is fine my camcorder is a panasonic nv ex3 theres a dv plug at the front this is where i am connecting firewire to there is also a av out on it,
    eny suggestions,i bought the pinnacle 8 at a car boot copy but everything does seem to be there ie picture of a camcorder when i fire it up could it be the software i have installed,
    thanks for your help

6. Traveller

Traveller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0