Capture Card that will allow mte to watch Amazon Fire TV/Stick on PC

GazCBG

Hi,

I am looking for a capture card that will allow me to watch (not record) Amazon Fire TV/Fire Stick using VLC on my PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what capture card as some block HDCP content?

I can't play it thought the browser as I want to use the Fire TV/Stick for other apps, such as Plex and only got a small space on my monitor to display it.

Thanks

Last edited:

oneman

There is a Plex client for PC. Can't think of much the Firestick can do that PC can't.

Have you thought about getting a second monitor ?

GazCBG

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I do have a seond screen but it in the vertical as don't have space on my desk for my 2 monitors, in horizontal due to the screen size.

I have sorted it, out by I installed Virtualbox and then installed andriod x86.

Only problem is the Amazon Prime crashes as it not meant for x86 platform, as andriod normally runs on ARM processors.

So would need to watch that in the browser on andriod, so it an all in one setup as I wanted.

Thanks

Thorburn

Hi,

I am looking for a capture card that will allow me to watch (not record) Amazon Fire TV/Fire Stick using VLC on my PC.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what capture card as some block HDCP content?

I can't play it thought the browser as I want to use the Fire TV/Stick for other apps, such as Plex and only got a small space on my monitor to display it.

Thanks
The capture card doesn't block HDCP, the capture card doesn't have an HDCP key - they won't issue them for obvious reasons, because that's literally the point of HDCP.

77red96

I'm not sure of what exactly you are trying to achieve here and why you think a capture card would be the solution.

To not use the PC's resources for video playback?
Why not just install amazon prime video app for windows?

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom