1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Capture audio or movie scene from DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by thanphis, Jun 17, 2005.

1. thanphis

thanphis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I' d like to record / capture songs, dialoge or movie scenes from DVD to my PC.
    Is it possible to do it?
    When I encrypt DVD, it has VOB files that Adobe Premiere doesn't recognize and I can't open audio files too.
    I need help...
    Thank you!

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it is a DVD you created (and therefore has no copyright protection) then copy the .vob files to your hard drive and rename them as .mpg ie #####.vob becomes #####.mpg. these will contain video and audio together - there are no seperate audio files on a video DVD

You should then be able to import them to Premier and edit as you wish.

3. thanphis

thanphis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    O.K. Thank you!!
    I'll try it...

4. phosphorus

phosphorus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im in confusion! ive done this process before (changing the .vob file to a .mpg) than importing it into premier and has worked fine. it has been a few months since i have done this, now when i import the .mpg file premier errors and shuts the program down!! ive been using pro 1.5 and ive installed my old version 6.5 and it still does it!! help pls!!!