1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Captain Scarlet out on DVD TODAY!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Oct 17, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Just to let you all know that the first 13 episodes that form the first half of Series 1 of the "New Captain Scarlet" CGI animation series, has been released to day, for an RRP of £27-99! :clap:

All are uncut, hence the PG certificate, and there are some good extras that take-us behind-the-scenes showing us how the new show was made.

Also, both DD5.1 and DD 2.0 Surround soundtracks are included, as are English Subs for the deaf/HOH viewer.

Pooch

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,377
    I got the DVD set on Saturday and proceded to watch all 13 episodes in a single sitting.

Overall I would say they were very good, I thought the story lines where original apart from the one where they were on Mars with the killer robot, had a 'Red Planet' feel about it but still very good and they didnt have to reuse stories from the original series.

The extra features are nothing special though, there is a commentary on the first two episodes by Gerry Anderson but after that you have some photo galleries, some CITV adverts, the trailer and some 5 minute making of features but I guess they are better than nothing.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I happend to catch one of these on Saturday morning tv the other day (I had absolutely no idea a new CGI version had been made) and having been a fan of the original as a youngster back in the 60s I must say that this up to date version really does the whole thing credit