1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Fear Problems

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by eel, Apr 8, 2002.

1. eel

eel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just watched this movie on region 2. although the picture quality is superb overall, i noticed some strange movement in some sequences. Most noticeably in the scene just before Danielle (juliette Lewis) meets Max Cady in the drama studio. as she leaves her friend in the school corridor she sort of skips towards the door. as she does this the movement looks strange as if the movie has skipped a frame. My disc is clean without a hint of a scratch or any marks and i have recently cleaned my lens so i know that is not the problem. I do not think it is a fault with my player because my other movies play perfectly. Does anyone have the same problem? (I have a S735D Sony DVD player Region 2 only)

2. European

European

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...erm... no!...

(watched on a 'chipped' DENON DVD-2000, bought in February 1997)

. . . :eek: . . .

3. European

European

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...on 08-04-2002 eel posed the question: "Does anyone have the same problem?"

...on 21-04-2002 I posted this reply to that question : "No!" (adding the make, model and age of the DVD player that I have actually watched this particular DVD on)...

...where did I go wrong? should I have lied and commiserated with him, that yes, he was right, there appears to be a frame missing, yaddayadda? - when I didn't notice anything untoward about the specific scene described by eel (nor, apparently, did anyone else who read the original post)?...

...incidentally, mine was the only response to eel's question, and I sent it only after eel had posted a rather whingeing message about people not replying to his questions...

...oh well...

. . . :eek: . . .