1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

capabilities of a modded xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by watchinthewheel, Mar 22, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i just got a chipped box with the xecutor 2 chip and a bigger hdd, i was wondering exactly what it can do? i mean i can do the basics like play multi region dvds without a controller but what can it do if you really push it? i have heard loads of stuff that it can do but dont know how to do anything or even what my particular chip can do, please could you help me out with this? thanks a lot.

2. spicy_fajita

spicy_fajita

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't know anything about this but I've heard on the grapevine that you can download a media center and use it to watch your divx movies, play music, view pictures etc. You can also backup your games onto the hard drive and then play them without the disk. There's various programs as well including Mame for the xbox. Some sites I've heard of, but of course never visited, would be,

www.xbox-scene.com - instructions
    www.xbox-tribe.com - software (in italian I believe but its easy to find what you're looking for

3. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you've a hi def tv you can play some games in 1280x720!

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Emulators, media centre you could spend hours discussing it. Do a few searches on the forum / Google and you will find a wealth of information on modded xboxs.

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    I've got loads of emulators on mine (Mame, SNES, Megadrive, NES, Master System, PC Engine, C64, Speccy - the list goes on), XB Media centre & Player, Avalaunch, the enigma video switcher (to change to NTSC & allow HD Output) and various other bits & bobs. Like people have mentioned XBOX Scene is the place to look. :thumbsup:

6. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys thanks for the info, ill look into it, especialy the emulators that sounds cool!

one thing i have noticed though is that, being used to playing pc games at 1000+ resolutions, the images on my tv (which is very old and generaly poor) are pathetic, i know its possible to play the x-box through a pc monitor, is it worth doing? is it easy to set it to higher res? and most importantly is all i need to do it a vga box?

thanks in advance.

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,121
    There is a gadget called X2VGA I think which connects your X-Box to your Monitor for hi def output.

8. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    How do you get the emulator games, such as super mario on the snes onto the xbox?

9. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,685
    Don't think you can discuss that , but I could be wrong . Check the sticky out :)

JS

10. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh yes a whole realm of possibilities

I play copied games on mine (and you can rip games to the hard drive), but i also run media center. I plug my xbox into my wireless router and then stream mp3s and movie rips of any of the 3 pcs around the house at full quality.

It will also tell me infro about the film (from IMDB) - and artist and song details for mp3 (including the album cover within visualisations - AND IT EVEN GIVES YOU A FIVE DAY WEATHER FORECAST!

you can also get a mod to use it as a PVR, then use the network connection to watch the shows on any pc around the house.

awesome really for a 100 quid past it lump of junk

let me know if you need any help

11. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

have a look on xbox scene forums, we cant talk about it here though.

ok im stuck trying to ftp into my xbox (posted another thread) but apart from that i have a problem with the recomended x2vga, according to the website

does that mean me (living in uk with pal xbox) getting this would be a total waste of money or is there a workarround? has anyone got a pal xbox running with this thing?

thanks again for your help.

12. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    If your not allowed to talk about the emulator games then i presume that it is illegal, in which case i would not want to do it.

Also, you are never allowed to copy games or back them up. I made enquiries into this and you can't even legally copy a cd single for backup.

The only legal copying that i know of is Microsoft Office but you must not be using more than one at once. This means you can have a copy of the disks in your home and your office, where presumably you could only be using one at once.

13. dr_loss

dr_loss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0