Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Cantons CD-1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mevetts, Jan 5, 2004.

1. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know if you can purchase Canton CD-1's separately like you can with KEF's?

I have just got a Pannie S75 and am running it through my Sony hi-fi, which sounds far better than the tv speakers to which i was used to!

However, I am now looking to create a good sound to go with the player. Initially, I will be running the speakers directly from the player as there are decoders built-in, but an av receiver is my aim.

I am looking to gets same make fronts and center and a sub. I do like the look of the Cantons, but can not afford the £500 in one hit!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    contact your local dealer or Standesign UK the distributor. They may do a fronts and sub package. PS they are availble for £400 online search the fourm for canton and CD-1 for a link.

3. Rainbow6

Rainbow6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean purchasing the sats separately, without the sub? If so, I recently got the full CD-1 package here. They are nice folks to deal with, swift and good service. Before Christmas they were selling it for £400 without the cable. (They might be persuaded to do that still if you ask nice??). I asked how much the sats would be on their own. They come in pairs, so you'd get 6 for I think around £360, but don't quote me. If you phone the guys at HiFi4Less, they'll tell you the price. But that would mean you don't get the dedicated centre, if that's important to you. When it came down to it, I figured I'd pay £40 more and get the sub included. :). Hope this helps. I'll update my thread referring to my purchase soon, and let folks know what I think of them. I'm a bit busy at the mo.
    J

4. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the responses guys. I have emailed Standesign to see if they can help.

Rainbow6 - a dedicated centre is a must for clarity of speech. Do they not sell the center separately, or perhaps with a sub? Then I could get 2 pairs of sat and the sub+center at a later date.

Thanks again,

Mark.

5. Rainbow6

Rainbow6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mevetts,
    They might do. Just ask. Nic at Standesign is a nice chap. He'll sort you out, though I'd recommend checking HiFi4Less prices - Nic will only sell at the RRP so as not to get distributor's noses out of joint! :) Also, if you were thinking of getting a sub separately, and had a bit of extra cash, I might encourage you to consider something like the MJ50 sub for around £300 or the MJ100 for about £350. I think both can be had in silver, and would be better than the one that comes with the Cantons - though I've not heard them personally to compare them.
    Jim

6. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Jim,

This was the reply from Standesign -

Dear Mark

Thank you for your email regarding the CD-1 movie system.

Yes these items can be bought separately apart from the centre speaker CD20. Buying the speakers separately does work out more expensive.

1 pair CD10 £120.00
    1 x AS15 SC £180.00
    1 x CD50 £160.00 This centre speaker is part of the CD range.

Total £580

CD-1 Movie system £480

Any questions please call 023 92 501 888.

Regards
    Jane
    Canton UK

Will check out Hifi4less as well. I think a sub upgrade would be nice, but I would like to have the cash to invest in something decent like an MJ, but £300+ is a whack!

Mark.