1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canton Subs

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by nheather, May 2, 2005.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,358
    Which sub comes with the Canton CD-1 package.

It's dimensions don't match any of the subs that are sold seperately - is it a special for the package?

How does it compare with the AS22?
    Is the AS22? leagues ahead?

The reason I ask is that I am contemplating a system with 3xCD50, a pair of CD10s and an AS22. However, the price of the AS22 is not much cheaper than the CD-1 package.

So if the AS22 is a big improvement the cost is justified, but otherwise I could buy a CD-1 and use the extra speakers for 6.1 or 7.1.

What do you guys think?

Also should I consider an alternative sub (say an MS309 or a Wharfedale SW150) instead of the AS22.

Cheers,

Nigel

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    nigel the CD1 package cente is the CD20 (not available seperately) and the SUB is specfic, I demoed the CD100 CD50 CD10 (CD2.22) system with teh AS22SC and the MJ ref100 (which is a good sub) and the aS22SC was much better with cantons in music, a bit better for movies, i dont think you will find a better sub for under £180 BK XLS200 may be worth a look but its £200 and £210 gets you AS25SC at Jakes stupidly low prices......................... the AS22 is part of the Full Canton range and is used with the Karat range of speakers.