Canton Smart Sounddeck 100

Klistener

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. Am in the market for a similar form factor (tv stsnd/base) upgrade for my Sony ht-xt1. Its working well (6+ years on it), and I have not had good results (don't like the sound profile) with any 'bars' (including Sony a 7000, or bose 900).

Considering Canton Smart Sounddeck 100 (need earc, atmos, good base) for 1200 approx here in the UK.

Not many reviews thus far - anyone here that's tried it? Thanks. Device

I'd say maybe look at Samsung Q Symphony Q930b as an option to and although it offers rear speaker which you have not mentioned you want, they are wireless together with it including a wireless woofer to

I feel out of all the solutions, this is going to be hard to better

You could also look at the Denon Home 550, Home Subwoofer and plus Home 150's although I think stock is a little tight at the moment

As for the Canton's. They have historically been very good and the Soundbase that you are looking at, if it performs like the none Atmos units, it should be very accomplished at what it does

I'd say maybe look at Samsung Q Symphony Q930b as an option to and although it offers rear speaker which you have not mentioned you want, they are wireless together with it including a wireless woofer to

I feel out of all the solutions, this is going to be hard to better

You could also look at the Denon Home 550, Home Subwoofer and plus Home 150's although I think stock is a little tight at the moment

As for the Canton's. They have historically been very good and the Soundbase that you are looking at, if it performs like the none Atmos units, it should be very accomplished at what it does
Thanks for the quick and thoughtful response. Yes, rear speakers are an issue and I haven't found any reviews of the Samsung bars without the rears in use. Took a quick look at the denons - thanks. The 150s are an issue (space) - don't mind adding sub to a bar. The 150s are positioned as Left - right of tv or rear?

Good to hear the general, historical feedback on Canton.

The Denon will work fine without the Home 150's, so they are not required when using the Soundbar and sub as a combination. The only reason I placed them in the mix was, you can have them and that the Samsung also had them there and yeah. Although Samsung do offer versions like the Q600 and Q700, with Denon you can pick and choose giving people more control on what they wish to use :)

Last edited:
I am a great fan of Canton since I bought a 9 soundbar several years ago.

I currently have the original, and the generation 2, version of the Smart 10 soundbar together with a smart Sub 8 subwoofer which I picked up as a clearance offer for under £200.

Assuming the Sounddeck 100 follows that same design philosophy as the Smart 10 soundbar, one thing to be aware of is that there are no dedicated centre channel speakers.
Personally, I have not found this to be a problem, even without activating the voice clarity option in the menu.

There is no auto calibration facility but set up is manual via a very extensive on screen (TV) menu.

If not seen already, you may find the following video useful.

It should be noted that the speaker array in the Sounddeck 100 is:

Woofer4 x 100 mm (3.9"), aluminium
Midrange2 x 50mm (2"), aluminium
Tweeter2 x 19 mm (0.75"), fabric

@SATM - thanks. Yes, I have seen that video (only one I found other than the tutorials from canton). I do prefer the 'manual' calibration (trust it more than auto) - so that's cool.

@ShanePJ - thanks for the denon clarification. Yes, was aware that these are optional, just wasn't sure if your suggestion/recommendation would still stand without using the 150s as either rear or left/right. I will seek a demo and other reviews myself - appreciate the pointer.

BTW - am not going to be placing the order until ~3-4 weeks from now (for unrelated reasons) - so I have time to evaluate and wait for other demos/reviews. For now, am heartened by the vote of trust in canton.

If you do get the ability to hear any, then do trust your own ears and many people do back away sometimes thinking that a particular brand must be better because of its name

@Klistener - If you are able to accommodate a soundbar, why not consider the Canton Smart 10 soundbar which has upward firing Atmos speakers, and is £200 cheaper than the Sounddeck 100.

Alternatively, although they may no longer be available in 3-4 weeks time, certain branches of Sevenoaks still have, on clearance for £1249-£1349, the Loewe Klang 5mr soundbar which comes with a factory paired wireless subwoofer.
However, it does not have any facility for room calibration, and is 47" in length.

I posted my thoughts in the following thread:

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom