1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canton CD100 or 300 Owners

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by KoThreads, Jul 14, 2005.

1. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    I am now seriously considring changing my Mission 702e floorstanders with either of the above and would like to know what people had before either the 100 or 300 as a guide.

I love the sound of the CD1-CD50 system I just bought but am worried that the 100 or 300 speakers will not better the 702e at the lower end. I'm not daft as I know either should be better going by their cost, but would the 100 without the sub, which I don't like for music, be inferior. I'm taking it for granted that the 300 will be in a far different class.

The amp is a Kenwood KRF-X9060 THX. 6 x 100WRMS into 6 ohms and is under 3 years old.

Please, no stupid 'of course they are' posts, and I know I should hear them first, but I took a chance with the CD1-CD50 set and love them, and my spare time is too limited to listen to loads of speakers for any amount of time.

Cheers Ido

2. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    well if God is with me and delivery guy as well, I should get my amp & the rest of my speakers cd310f tomorrow.
    I will give U an update for the cd300.

:clap:

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Thanks jeje

As a quick note is the rest of the system up to it. the above amp, Sony CDPXB930E CD the huge model where the whole transport comes out the front and a puck sits on the disc, Limit 900SE, Tosh 220e DVD's, Sony MDS640 mini disc (all silver, I know that makes no odds but my Cantons are silver so the 100 or 300 would match)

4. oconnpad

oconnpad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If money is no issue and by that i mean to can afford them then get the CD300.

However if you are pushing it you won't be disappointed with CD100 they are great.