1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

canton cd1 sub connections

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by myszka, Mar 14, 2005.

1. myszka

myszka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am having difficulty connecting this up to the equipment i have.
    The jvc home cinema system i own has a one box dvd player/reciever.It has a coaxial connection to connect the box to the subwoofer.The sub then has cable connections for each of the 5 speakers.
    Now,the canton sub is different and looking at the instructions that came with it suggests that some of the speakers should be connected directly to a reciever and some to the sub.My reciever does not have these connections.I assume i have no choice but to upgrade by buying a new reciever and seperate dvd player.But i thought i would check here first to see if there is a cheaper alternative.
    thanks
    Bob

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    "all-in-one" system rarely allow you to upgrade the speakers and keep the rest of the system get an AV AMP and DVD player (£150ish for cheapest)

3. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi myszka,

I've just bought a CD1 system and no, you wont be able to do what you are asking. The JVC system uses an amp in it's sub enclosure to drive the 5 speakers and the sub. The Canton sub enclosure only has an amp to drive the sub. As HD says, All in one home cinema are a nightmare to upgrade.

One suggestion I can give is to try and get hold of a sub from the Mission FS1 Sub/sat package. This has connections to the speakers from the sub box although I'm not sure what the connection you would need from the JVC receiver.

Other than that, a new AV receiver.

Richie.

4. myszka

myszka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know guys :thumbsdow
    Only have £300 so was thinking of the pioneer 575 and either a Pioneer amp from RS or Superfi or the Sony 795.Or a denon 1905.Has to be a musical reciver/amp though.This will be main system after my young son and his pals destroyed the tweeters on my Royd Minstrels.
    I will upgrade the speakers incrementally to cd100,s as time and money allow.
    cheers

5. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The Denons have had quite a good review of late. I have a 1601 (Dinasaur in comparison) and a friend has a 3803 (I think). I've hammered mine by hooking it up to my decks and running 2 sets of floor standers off them for parties a couple of times. I've got it hooked up to the Canton CD1 package and it sounds sweet even at low volumes.

The 575 seems to be a good choice. I was thinking of this but I'm looking for a DVD player that upscales for my LCD.

Richie.