Cantilever stand with Pioneer 50" KURO?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Kotatsu Neko, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Kotatsu Neko

Kotatsu Neko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,025
    Sorry for asking something which may well seem obvious, but is it possible to use third party cantilever stand with a 50" 8G Pioneer Kuro? I've never had a cantilever stand before, and I can't work out how they attach to the set...! From the pictures on the Pioneer website, the pedestal stand has two giant prongs which slot inside the TV.. so that being the case, how would a cantilever stand work, such as this one - http://www.stil-stand.co.uk/stuk2053-bg.htm

Does it just bolt onto the back of the set, ignoring completely the slotting inside the TV set-up the pedestal uses?

Sorry for asking something so rudimentary, but I don't want to buy a cantilever stand instead of a pedestal plus regular AV shelf unit unless I know it will work!

Thanks in advance!

2. Big-Toe-T

Big-Toe-T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This one just bolts on to the back of the tv. Those slots on the back of the tv is for there pedestal stand.

3. jon_c0

jon_c0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I'm doing that now - see here. As above, with my stand it's just a matter of attaching two struts to the back of the Pioneer and then hooking it onto the cross beam bolted to the stand back. The final "mounting" is definitely a 2-man job with a 50" screen.

4. Kotatsu Neko

Kotatsu Neko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,025
    Excellent, thanks all!