Can't watch Elbow's gig using red button and Foxsat-HDR?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by chrisgeary, Feb 6, 2009.

Tags:
  1. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Anyone know how I can get access to this broadcast? Apparently you press the red button. On my father's 9200T, it works but on my Foxsat-HDR I get a general BBC menu of options and not the Elbow broadcast. It seems that channel 301 isn't available on Freesat for the BBC red button broadcasts that do exist on Freeview.

2. Geofbob

Geofbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Possibly you can't, and this is just one of the ways in which Freesat differs from Freeview. After all, they are different services in several respects, the greatest of which being the availability of HD on Freesat but not on Freeview.

3. nwhitfield

nwhitfield

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Yep; not all the bits of BBCi are yet available on Freesat. Although it uses a similar technology to that on Freeview, it's not identical, and all the interactive content has to be rebuilt for Freesat. That started in earnest last year when the first boxes appeared (it's hard to do this stuff 100% without the kit that's going to display it), and a lot of the initial effort went, not surprisingly, into getting the Olympics stuff up and running.

Other bits are, I gather, in progress - but I daresay it'll take time to get everything up and running.

4. chrisgeary

chrisgeary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +255
    Makes sense, thanks. I've ordered the DVD of the concert from Elbow's website as its out next month. That'll do for me

Chris