Can't wake netbook from sleep using a USB keyboard?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by TRIXXY DIXXY, Jun 15, 2009.

1. TRIXXY DIXXY

TRIXXY DIXXY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I'm going to start using my Toshiba NB100 as more of a desktop and have it connected to my monitor and USB keyboard and mouse.

My problem is I can only get the notebook to wake out of sleep by opening up the lid and pressing the spacebar or power button, I would like to be able to wake it just by pressing a key on my USB keyboard or by moving the mouse.

It is a wired Lenovo USB keyboard with a built in 2 port hub which I use to connect the mouse with.

I have gone into device manager to ensure the keyboard and mouse are enabled to wake up from sleep, and have stopped the computer from being able to cut the power from the USB hub. In the bios I have enabled USB sleep & charge and also allowed for keyboard to wake computer.

I'm dual booting XP and Windows 7.

Any ideas :confused:

2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,491
    Have you tried plugging it in directly rather than via the hub?

3. TRIXXY DIXXY

TRIXXY DIXXY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Yeah my keyboards directly plugged into the netbook. It has 2 USB ports built into it and that is where I connect my mouse.