1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't wait for october!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Marc, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    October is going to be a superb month for PS2.

Obviously the game everyone is waiting for is GTA: San Andreas. I've been reading up on this game a lot, and it looks like if they get it right, it will be the best game of any format, ever. 5 times the size of Vice City, but without the lag, heavily improved graphics, not to mention that the "go anywhere, do anything" tag that's been thrown about in dozens of games in the past, may actually be close to the truth in this one! I'd bet my life this will be number 1 in the all format charts for the next few months leading up to Christmas, perhaps only challenged by the XBOX's Halo 2. GTA:SA is out on the 25th October.

What no one may have noticed, is there are several other games worthy of a mention, not to mention our hard earned cash during October, shame their sales will be dashed by GTA:SA!

1) Mortal Kombat Deception. Out on the 4th, this one is the nearest to release, and looks well worth buying. The main selling point of this game is that it's gone back to it's brutal roots with some truly stomach churning fatalities. I watched a video on IGN which showed Mileena taking off her mask to reveal a rotting face, before biting the throat out of her opponent and then staring into the camera, blood dripping down her chin to the sound of "mileena wins! fatality!" so i agree, the comedy is out, gore is in. Another new feature are deathtraps, which replace the stage fatalities of previous games. The difference this time around is that they are in play the whole time you're fighting, so there's a new strategic element to each battle. There also seems to be a story mode, which involves you running around in a 3rd person Tomb Raider type view, but i don't know too much about that one.

2) Leisure Suit Larry 8. Out on the 5th, this one probably won't sell too well, as the console generation likes a more fast paced game, but i'm sure theres plenty of us who remember the other games from the 90's who would like to give this one a go. Whether it'd be better to wait for the PC version though, is debatable. This time around you're not playing as Larry Laffer, but as Larry's Nephew, er Larry.

3) THUG2. Out on the 4th, Tony Hawks Underground 2 is the sequel to last years Tony Hawks Underground. (duh). This time around they've decided to do away with lots of the pointless non-skating from the last game, and focus more on what everyone wants, speed, grinds and awesome air. Another change this time around, is that the story mode has been "jazzed" up as many people found it to be quite dull last time. This time around your character has been kidnapped by Bam cos he wants you to participate in an underground skating tournament. Expect to see various members of the Jackass and CKY teams making guest appearances (including Bam's dad!)

4) Fifa 2005. Out on the 12th, this is EA's yearly cash in on their usually crap, but always popular FIFA series. Expect it to be much the same as last year, just with more up to date teams and some new features no one asked for and no one likes. (ok so it's not all good this month!)

After all this, we still have November to look forward to, with releases such as Killzone, Smackdown vs Raw, GTA 4, Prince of Persia 2, Goldeneye and MGS3

Oh yeah and there's a small matter of PRO EVO 4! I can't see it on the IGN release schedule, but surely it can't be far off now?

2. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think its going to be a fantastic end of year for gamers.
    theres loads coming out.
    cant wait for it

3. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    i seriously doubt that

4. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    THUG2 will be great but that's the only game I'm interested in on that list. October has some incredible games that I want though - Outrun 2, Pikmin 2, Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green and Gradius V are just some of them!

5. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    LOL I didn't even realise any of those games were coming out.

Bored of the GTA series now.

The only games I am looking forward to are Warhammer Dawn of War (should arrive tomorrow), Gradius V, Metroid Prime 2, Baten Kaitos, Half Life 2, Gran Turismo 4 and World of Warcraft (although my enthusiasm is diminishing as it seems to be more of an EQ clone everyday).

6. funkmonkey

funkmonkey
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that NFS Underground 2 is out in November, personally would much rather play that than GTA:SA, like Sinzer said, they are getting a little samey now and the concept is only diluted when they start making stupidly large playing fields.

7. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Yup an impressive end to the year for us gamers - but when to get the time, where to get the money ? Ahh credit cards and weeks of work thats the way ... Ive got meself November 11th - Nov 22nd off work ... just for a certain game release :)

8. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    bring them on oh yes will i ever get out the house

9. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    i'm waiting for fable,sharpening my trusty sword, and strange costume is ready. :D

10. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    For some reason, I've started looking forward to Donkey Konga! Never had any interest in it before a few days ago.

Somebody call a doctor... :suicide:

11. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,876
    Not forgetting Rome Total War coming soon.

People say that innovation is dead.

IMHO there has never been a better time to be a gamer! :thumbsup:

12. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I've been chatting with some yanks on my 'live' friends list and they say that yes fable is great but it is much much to short to be classed a 'must buy' title. But i guess we'll have to wait and see.

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    My most wanted are :

Rome Total War - PC
    PES4 - X-Box
    Forza Motorsport - X-Box
    Halo 2- X-Box
    Metroid Prime 2 - GC
    Half Life 2 - PC

GTA games are as dull as dishwater - didn't like the others much and won't be buying GTA-SA.

14. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    i bet your like me gthom3, gta 1 + 2 were funny to play rather than good
    and the rest just had no appeal what so ever
    i cant seem how the next one is going to be any better, i mean you cant polish a turd right ?

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Indeed Solar, the early games were a good laugh and to be honest I liked GTA3 when I first got it as it was fun just driving round & crashing etc. I could never really get into them though and they just didn't have the special ingredient that kept me coming back to them (like the Zelda games do for example). I am therefore completely unexcited about GTA-SA and have absolutely no intention to buy it (especially as there are so many great games coming out at the moment - I almost think that there are too many and I never thought i'd here myself say that lol).