Can't view HD

P

phantom6868

Hi

I just purchased a FULL HD (1080P) HDTV. I have attempted to connect the TVDRIVE (V+) to my TV via HDMI and changed the display settings to HiDef HDMI and 1080 (or 720),.
Unfortunately the V+ claims it can't detect a HD TV and warns me not to change the resolution.
I change it anyway, switch my TV to HDMI and I receive no signal whatsoever. Eventually the V+ box goes back to send the signal via SCART.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

clayts450

Which brand of TV is it ? I believe there is one model (Pioneer ?) which has had problems being recognised.

Always worth trying a reboot of V+ too, then trying again ?

ajnicho

Novice Member
I had the same kind of thing with my Dad's TV.

When you change the resolution and the screen goes black, wait a second then press the "text" button on your remote (this confirms your choice). If nothing appears on your screen then you may need to change the input source from Scart to HDMI manually on your TV's remote control.

Hope this works for you!

P

phantom6868

I had the same kind of thing with my Dad's TV.

When you change the resolution and the screen goes black, wait a second then press the "text" button on your remote (this confirms your choice). If nothing appears on your screen then you may need to change the input source from Scart to HDMI manually on your TV's remote control.

Hope this works for you!
do you mean the tv remote or V+ remote?
At the moment I set it manually. V+ connected via scart, I select HiDef HMDI and the resolution (either 720 or 1080), the press OK, screen goes black and manually change TV to HMDI but get no signal.

ScottBT

Novice Member
do you mean the tv remote or V+ remote?
At the moment I set it manually. V+ connected via scart, I select HiDef HMDI and the resolution (either 720 or 1080), the press OK, screen goes black and manually change TV to HMDI but get no signal.
You will have to manually select the HDMI source from you TV remote as HDMI does not auto switch like scart.:thumbsup:

P

phantom6868

I tried using the text button on the V+ but did not work.
I called virgin media and they told me to do the same but did not work. They agreed to send a technician to have a look.

ajnicho

Novice Member
Yes, you should press the text button on your V+ remote before switching the source on your tv as it reverts back to your scart input very quickly!

P

phantom6868

Yes, you should press the text button on your V+ remote before switching the source on your tv as it reverts back to your scart input very quickly!
Yep, as I said it does not work.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom