Can't use the phone

ukbootlegs

If I click the phone icon, it goes to the keypad but won't let me press anything.

It then after a few secs goes back to the iphone home screen.

I can make calls from contacts but not from the phone button.

Rebooted and removed sim but didn't make any difference

HELP!!

RobM

Distinguished Member
Quite likely, yes. But then what's worse, having a phone you can't phone people with, or having to jailbreak and install your apps again?

ukbootlegs

I fixed it :)

It's apparently a fault with an application called Kate. What I read said restore and jailbreak again then don't install Kate.

I literally just uninstalled Kate and did a home button and reset and now it works. :)

StevieDvd

Novice Member
It's jailbbroken tho as I am on Vodafone.

Wouldn't a restore bugger it up?

Find out your bootloader version, if you have 5.08 or less then you could restore and unlock again.

Glad to hear you're sorted. Looks like that Kate girl has a lot to answer for. :)

neily1970

Find out your bootloader version, if you have 5.08 or less then you could restore and unlock again.

Glad to hear you're sorted. Looks like that Kate girl has a lot to answer for. :)

Not sure here but isnt it the case, if your iphone is running the latest F/W (2.2.1) and you have to restore in itunes to the same F/W version 2.2.1 then the unlock would survive the restore. I know the jailbreak is removed. But i read somewhere the restore will not mess with the basebands/bootloads...Unless you are UPDATING the F/W.

Could be wrong tho :D

StevieDvd

Novice Member
Not sure here but isnt it the case, if your iphone is running the latest F/W (2.2.1) and you have to restore in itunes to the same F/W version 2.2.1 then the unlock would survive the restore. I know the jailbreak is removed. But i read somewhere the restore will not mess with the basebands/bootloads...Unless you are UPDATING the F/W.

Could be wrong tho :D

I thought the software unlock is only successful in that yellowsnow is running and would therefore only work on a jailbreak iphone.

RobM

Distinguished Member
I thought the software unlock is only successful in that yellowsnow is running and would therefore only work on a jailbreak iphone.

This is as I understand it too, if you use solutions such as yellowsnow that run on the phone. If you use a standalone, offline unlocking service that doesn't require the phone to be jailbroken to work, you are free to restore the phone in iTunes without being affected and you have no requirement to remain jailbroken.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Open Cydia and tap MANAGE and then tap PACKAGES and it'll show you what packages/apps/tweaks are installed and applied

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom