Question Can't use my microphone

MartinGH1369

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello to you.

I am currently using Sennheiser HD650s to game with. They are plugged into an Schiit Magni 3 amp which is plugged into an Schiit Modi Multibit. These are connected to the Xbox one X with an optical cable.

A little while back I bought an Vmoda Boom Mic Pro, this was to plug into my Philips Fidelio X2s however I wanted to use my HD650s to game with but found that I can't use those headphones with a microphone due to the HD650 headphones not having a 3.5mm socket, they have those weird pin things.

I thought about getting an Antlion Modmic but didn't have the money straight away so I decided that I would keep my headphone setup as it was (HD650s connected to the Schiit amp/dac combo connected via optical) and plug the boom Mic into the controller- the problem here is that as soon as I plug anything into the controller the sound diverts from all other outputs (including the optical cable) to output through the controller. I have tried this with the Y sitter that came with the Vmoda Boom Mic.

I'm a bit stuck here as I don't see a way that I can use my current setup and have a Mic to talk to those I game with.
Microsoft don't allow USB mics except the singular Turtle Beach streaming Mic but it is apparently a steaming like of poo.

I can't use a pc for chat while gaming on Xbox, it isn't cost efficient to have my gaming pc on at the same time as my Xbox one, tv and surround sound... my electric bill is already high enough but they are not with a usable distance of each other.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom