1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't they afford studio lights?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Andy3, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I never used to miss an episode of the original 60's Star Trek, but to me the newer series(s) and spin-offs didn't appeal. The more I tried, the more annoyed I became by the way they were produced by (apparently) candle-light. All the Trek, DS9, Babylon etc seem to suffer the same 'let's film it in the dark' treatment. And they're not just dark, it looks like the contrast has been turned right down as well, making it look dull and foggy. What is it with these bl**dy modern producers - are they trying to save gas or do they think it looks 'moody'? To me it's just rubbish. :eek: At least I could see the original!

(Ducks to avoid welter of insults from true believers...)

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Whilst I'd disagree about TNG in general, when Generations came out it really did look like they'd turned the lights out the bridge...

John

3. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I agree...

There's one scene in Generations with Picard and Ricker in Picard's "Ready Room". Riker exits, the door swooshes open - and he walks out into complete darkness!