Question Can't switch back to Virgin - why?

philbot

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was a Virgin Media customer for years, but last year got fed up with the Tivo being so slow and no sign of the new V6. I switched to Sky, fully intending to switch back after 12 months if the new V6 box was available.

My 12 month contract with Sky ends in November, so just out of curiosity I went to check bundle prices on VM's site, however when I enter my house number and postcode I'm told cable is not rolled out in my area! The cables are still poking through my wall!

If I enter next door's house number, no problem.

Why are VM telling me I can't get broadband and TV?

I was a Virgin Media customer for years, but last year got fed up with the Tivo being so slow and no sign of the new V6. I switched to Sky, fully intending to switch back after 12 months if the new V6 box was available.

My 12 month contract with Sky ends in November, so just out of curiosity I went to check bundle prices on VM's site, however when I enter my house number and postcode I'm told cable is not rolled out in my area! The cables are still poking through my wall!

If I enter next door's house number, no problem.

Why are VM telling me I can't get broadband and TV?

Guessing it's a database screw up. Why not ring them and explain ?

Just do a live chat or call them, easiest way to sort it

I suppose I will have to ring them. I did a live chat and all they kept saying was to register my interest on cablemystreet.com and they'd let me know when cable was available in my area. I tried to explain that cable has been available for decades (since the Diamond Cable days) and that I had cable until last October but didn't get anywhere.

Never like ringing them because of the amount of time it takes, and the scripted answers.
I remember when I had the first Tivo installed, I was an early adopter and I'd been invited to have one. When I rang up to ask if I could keep my old box they said I couldn't have a Tivo as they are not available!

I suppose I will have to ring them. I did a live chat and all they kept saying was to register my interest on cablemystreet.com and they'd let me know when cable was available in my area. I tried to explain that cable has been available for decades (since the Diamond Cable days) and that I had cable until last October but didn't get anywhere.

Never like ringing them because of the amount of time it takes, and the scripted answers.
I remember when I had the first Tivo installed, I was an early adopter and I'd been invited to have one. When I rang up to ask if I could keep my old box they said I couldn't have a Tivo as they are not available!

Yeah it's not going to be easy I imagine but I don't see any other way I'm afraid...

As you were a customer less than 12 months ago it won't take them much searching to see an error has been made.

Could it be they think there is still an active subscription and you can't have another one at same address.

I mean it's not like companies ever make a mistake ;)

I'll ring them closer to the time, but by then no doubt the prices will have gone up!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom