Can't stream from my Laptop to my Panasonic smart TV

Coupe678

Novice Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new Panasonic Plasma TV (TXP42ST60) which I am very happy with, beautiful picture and great sound quality too ! I am trying to connect my 2009 Dell Inspiron Laptop to the TV so I can stream TV that I can not get from my Belgian cable provider. I am using a VGA to HDMI converter (since my laptop has no HDMI port). I have attached this to the HDMI 2 port on the TV. I have also adjusted the settings on my PC, to display on the second monitor (the TV). However when I switch to the HDMI 2 Input on the TV, there is nothing, there is no signal at all. From what I read here it might have something to do with a DNLA server ? it is a smart TV, when I go on to the Media server, it says DLNA server not found. Do I have to download this ? Maybe this is something I am not technically adapt enough to set up myself, and advice is welcome !!

DLNA is if your sharing your files over wifi using an application like Serviio.

Your plugging your laptop in directly to mirror the image to the tv. Have you gone into the video control panel on your laptop and told it to enable the vga port ? It probably has a function key short cut like Fn + F*, you'll need to refer to your keyboard to know the number F key to press

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom