• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can't sleep

7ofnine

Damn wheezy cough has meant no decent sleep for me in 3 days. Any recommendations for stuff to ease it? Tried Covonia, which hasn't really done much.
No point seeing a doctor, as they can't do anything for coughs and colds.

kempez

I used Benylin or Night Nurse (or both when it got really annoying). Mind you, mind lasted 5 weeks when I eventually gave up and went to the doctors. She said it was the aftermath of a viral attack on my Trachea and prescribed me a steroid inhaler (no asthma or allergies).

Night Nurse usually got me to sleep though, but you tend not too feel too great in the morning.

THE_FORCE

Banned
Huge vodka and cranberry mixed with some diazepam. Works for me ....eventually. :smashin:

7ofnine

I used Benylin or Night Nurse (or both when it got really annoying). Mind you, mind lasted 5 weeks when I eventually gave up and went to the doctors. She said it was the aftermath of a viral attack on my Trachea and prescribed me a steroid inhaler (no asthma or allergies).

Night Nurse usually got me to sleep though, but you tend not too feel too great in the morning.

I already feel pretty crap due to the sleep depravation. Persistent coughs can be symptom of something else so I'll watch out there.

Huge vodka and cranberry mixed with some diazepam. Works for me ....eventually. :smashin:

yeah that'll do the trick :thumbsup:

So what's everyone up to at 2am? There's a few people on here at the mo.

THE_FORCE

Banned
yeah that'll do the trick :thumbsup:

to be honest, I've been on the lush since 8 am lol. Spent all day at work on the Stella and fell asleep by 6 pm ( I think) lol. Woke up again at about 11pm and trying desperately to get back to sleep again without much luck (half a bottle of vodka isn't touching me :mad: ) just trying to get used to this iPad thing, and I think I like it !

PocketBunny

for me sleep is something that i just do. but like anyone, occassionally like anyone i find it difficult to find that 'headspace' that alllows me to relax to the point where i can sleep.

I then turn to one track of music on my ipod that always slows my heart rate down and gets me to that place where I can sleep almost on command.

I find personally the trick to falling asleep is getting my heart rate down to a point where my mind can wander, and music is the best way to get there for me.

This is the track i use, and i hope it helps:

YouTube - boards of canada - dayvan cowboy

uglymash

when in bed, dont lie flat the cloiser you are to sitting upright the easier it will be for you to breath and not cough. as for the cough itself apart from cough medicine nothing really else ya cna do.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member

Watching "The Limey" on some channel or other and supping a few Stellas, whilst sat in front of the computer.

I'd sit on the setee or go and watch it in bed, but I'd just fall asleep :D
(It's why I post so much)

I'd have to go with copious amounts of alcohol as the best cure :)

THE_FORCE

Banned
Smoochiez how on earth do those guitars help you to sleep lol ?! :confused:

Every night I fall asleep to either of these :

sleepmachines2118234259.jpg

sleepmachines2118238813.jpg

Full 60 minute recordings of the best quality available anywhere....really impressive. :thumbsup:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
for me sleep is something that i just do. but like anyone, occassionally like anyone i find it difficult to find that 'headspace' that alllows me to relax to the point where i can sleep.

I then turn to one track of music on my ipod that always slows my heart rate down and gets me to that place where I can sleep almost on command.

I find personally the trick to falling asleep is getting my heart rate down to a point where my mind can wander, and music is the best way to get there for me.

YouTube - boards of canada - dayvan cowboy

Tubular Bells always worked for me when I was younger and couldn't sleep, so I see where you're coming from :smashin:

PocketBunny

Smoochiez how on earth do those guitars help you to sleep lol ?!

me being a tab whore of the highest order, actually meant i linked to the wrong track (but dont tell anyone).

i meant to link to this:
YouTube - Boards Of Canada - Peacock Tail

i find that i tend to inhale/exhale with the ambient sounds of this track which relaxes me. :blush:

Maybe im weird :)

THE_FORCE

Banned
Watching "The Limey" on some channel or other and supping a few Stellas, whilst sat in front of the computer.

I'd sit on the setee or go and watch it in bed, but I'd just fall asleep :D
(It's why I post so much)

I'd have to go with copious amounts of alcohol as the best cure :)

lol Badger my man ! Someone else that's supping a few sherberts lol ! :thumbsup:

I've done nigh on a 70cl of voddie now, and it's still not having the desired effect ?! Well annoying ! :(

THE_FORCE

Banned
me being a tab whore of the highest order, actually meant i linked to the wrong track (but dont tell anyone).

i meant to link to this:

i find that i tend to inhale and exhale with the ambient sounds of this track which relaxes me. :blush:

Maybe im weird :)

lol that's well chill. Great tune - I can see how that helps you to relax. Sorry my rudeness about the previous guitar track, but I was thinking to myself - *** ?! :rolleyes::D

Btw, it's raining here, and I'm listening to it hitting the skylight...so soothing and calming. :smashin:

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
lol Badger my man ! Someone else that's supping a few sherberts lol ! :thumbsup:

I've done nigh on a 70cl of voddie now, and it's still not having the desired effect ?! Well annoying ! :(

Well, it's the weekend isn't it? :thumbsup:

I've done nigh on a 70cl of voddie now

Wow, go easy mate ;)

PocketBunny

lol that's well chill. Great tune - I can see how that helps you to relax. Sorry my rudeness about the previous guitar track, but I was thinking to myself - *** ?! :rolleyes::D

Btw, it's raining here, and I'm listening to it hitting the skylight...so soothing and calming. :smashin:

hahaha dont worry i didnt view it as rude, made me realise a very obvious blunder :D

THE_FORCE

Banned
I'm gutted that I've only got 1 glass worth of voddie left....and I haven't bought any more, which means I've got to either go on to Bombay Sapphire or Disaronno....

I don't mind the latter with coke, as it tastes like cherry cola or Dr. Pepper, but still not the same as Voddie. I just wish I could fall asleep lol ! :(

njdbaxter

What is a wheezy cough? im 28 and never had a cold, a cough, the flu, any weather related illness in fact. indestructable me.

7ofnine

What is a wheezy cough? im 28 and never had a cold, a cough, the flu, any weather related illness in fact. indestructable me.

Lucky. It's hard to escape when everyone else in the family has had it. Was only a matter of time really.
Worse things is, I have to play a wind instrument tonight, that's gonna be interesting with a hacking cough.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom