1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't see Media Player on my projector

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Scoobycity, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Scoobycity

Scoobycity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When using my Laptop though my projector it won't display anything played using windows media player. I just get a black square within the media player window.

Its an XGA laptop and an XGA projector, its connected through the monitor out (not the TV out). The laptop is a decent one with a 64MB G-force graphics card so I can't figure out whats up.

It plays DVD's (through Power DVD) OK.

Any ideas anyone?

2. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You will need to turn the laptop screen off somehow. Most programs will only play video on one display at a time. Is the projector a duplicate of your monitor? This would be a reason behind the black screen. To get it to work you will probably need to disable the laptop screen as above, or install the newest gforce drivers and set up the projector as a secondary display (completely separate from regular desktop).

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Are you saying that DVDs played through PowerDVD are showing on your projector but Media Player isn't? What method of rendering are you using, Overly or VMR?

4. Scoobycity

Scoobycity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That sorted it.

I changed the rendering type and t now works on projector with or without laptop screen on.

Many thanks

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Overlay only shows on the primary monitor due to the way the graphics card works (I've no idea why, just one of life's mysteries I guess :)), VMR uses the normal 3D rendering system that games also use hence it will show on both. The giveaway was that you got Media Player's window from but no image inside it.

Glad you're up and running.

6. Scoobycity

Scoobycity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All way above my head... I just unchecked a few check boxes wherever I saw the words rendering :smashin: