Can't see Fifa 05 & 06 properly on LCD

woj101

Standard Member
I don't remember it being a problem on my 14" crt and I haven't bothered to check it yet, but since upgrading to a Tosh 26wlt66 LCD I'm having a very frustrating experience playing FIFA. There's a brightness to the menus that makes a lot of the text impossible to read and during a game it just seems ridiculously sunny - so much so that I can hardly see the ball or pitch markings. The only time I can see ok is playing in a stadium that casts a shadow onto the pitch - on those shaded areas it is just how I would like it to be all the time.

Does anybody else recognise this problem?

I have tried varying picture settings on my tv but this makes no difference. I've also switched between 50hz display and 60hz, but no difference.

Would getting a component cable make any difference?

Any other solutions?

Thanks.

buckowski

Had the same problem as you on my LCD, then i switched to a component cable and alls well now. Great graphics, nice and smooth, no horrible brightness and colour issues, well worth getting component.

woj101

Standard Member
Well that's good news, thanks. Now all I need is a spare £40 to get hold of one on Ebay.

From my perspective it's not really worth it at the moment, just to improve the visuals on what is an increasingly obsolete system.

I'm suprised with all the modding that goes on that there's no homemade remedy, or 3rd party solution (not that I've got the first idea what it require).

buckowski

£40's a bit steep, should be able to get one for £25 maybe on the market here.
Was an essential buy for me, never had a cube before so got all the exclusives still to try, much better with a decent picture

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom