Question Can't see ALL4 on my Freesat guide.

pidgeonpost

Standard Member
Reaction score
We have a 5 year old Panasonic smart TV and an even older Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat PVR. They are hooked up to our broadband (BT HomeHub) via a 4-port Linksys (Cisco) netplugs.
We're not massive TV watchers but record stuff for watching later or sometimes use I-Player.
Recently we wanted to do catch-up on ALL4 but were surprised that it doesn't appear in the Freesat On Demand menu. BBC iPlayer is there, so is the ITV Hub, but no ALL4.
I've checked the setup on TV and Freesat and both seem to be set up correctly and their network settings look good - no IP address conflicts etc.
I've had a quick browse on the Freesat and Channel 4 websites but no solution so far. Perhaps my kit is too old - but it sees other OD services OK. Any clues please folks? :)

You won't find All4 on your freesat box as it's only on the <freetime> boxes.
Not too sure about the TV but it's available on mine which is a Freeview Play model.
Have you tried doing a software update on the TV and see if it's available then?

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Have checked TV and PVR and both are up to date. After rereading the info on the Freesat site I think you're right, it's not available on my elderly PVR. They refer to Freetime as 'our award winning smart TV guide, which is available in new Freesat HD and Freesat+ HD boxes'. Bit of a bummer. I won't be coughing up £180 for a new PVR!

You don't need to. If all you want is access to the standard, free catch-up services then a cheapie NowTV box will do the trick.

Clem

Thanks Clem. I'm not familiar with the Now TV boxes. I'll have to take a look. Presumably they interconnect somehow with my somewhat elderly kit.

Yup, spare HDMI port and an internet connection is just about it.

Clem

Hi Clem - sorry for delayed response. :)
Looks like I have no spare HDMI port. TV has two - one goes to Freesat PVR and the other to Blu-ray player. TV, PVR and Blu-ray player each have internet connections via multi-port netplug. Don't know if there's such a thing as a HDMI hub - will take a look on Ebay. Cheers....

A simple HDMI switch will do what you want.

Roland

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom