• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can't restore ipad2

gr0uty

Prominent Member
Im returning my ipad2 today but it wont let me restore it to factory settings in itunes. It is insisting on downloading the update which I can't do for some reason?, it downloads for 20 mins then times out with an error about checking network connections or something?. Any way to reset the ipad without going through flippin itunes, sort of in a hurry as im taking it back in an hour or so. Cheers.

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Im returning my ipad2 today but it wont let me restore it to factory settings in itunes. It is insisting on downloading the update which I can't do for some reason?, it downloads for 20 mins then times out with an error about checking network connections or something?. Any way to reset the ipad without going through flippin itunes, sort of in a hurry as im taking it back in an hour or so. Cheers.

Hi

Try resetting it via the settings on the iPad 2. Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.

Baz

Last edited:

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Cheers mate, couldn't see that for the life of me earlier!

Hi

No worries, hope u get a replacement that doesnt have BLB.

Baz

gr0uty

Prominent Member
hybridtheory said:
Hi

No worries, hope u get a replacement that doesnt have BLB.

Baz

No going to swap it mate, given up. To be honest I think I would be better off putting the Money towards a laptop. Seen some nice ones on the Dell outlet store for around the same money. Cheers and good luck with your search for the bleed free ipad!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom