Cant record the footie on prem + hd ??

Kimberson

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Im just about to go out and was hoping to record the footie on prem + hd (sb01) but it says yoju connot record. Is this the norm on prem + ????????

thanks mate i tried manual record but it didnt work it asks for a pin and when you enter it it just says recording interupted (please wait). I think this is terrible that you cant record something that you have payed extra for.

Its strange you cannot record because i set tomorrows match man utd vs fulham on sbo HD1 without any problems

COME ON UNITED !!!!!:)

Its letting me record tomorrows match but for some reason it wouldnt let me record the bolton spurs match. it kept saying this program cannot be recorded. Oh well i hope this was just a one off. Thanks for your help any way

I tried it last season and found the same thing. They told me then it was a known problem and they were trying to sort it...........:confused:

The guy told me to use live pause, which is OK if you only want to pee - but not much use to watch it later.

I recorded it fine. Although bad storms (quite amusingly to my wife) meant the first goal was just missed. :rolleyes:

But I have a season ticket, if that might make any odds?

I seem to remember lots of people saying they were unable to record PremPlus match last season - the problem being with a record now - preset records worked fine.

Its not an HD issue but a PremPlus PPV one.

My SkyHD recorded Bolton vs Spurs on SBOHD1 without any incident. Didnt watch the match though as I saw Match Of The Day when I got in last night.

By all indications the match took up a big chunk of HDD space so it should have been pretty good quality.

It wouldn't record here either both in HD and SD. I'm a season ticket subscriber too.

danvitale said:
My SkyHD recorded Bolton vs Spurs on SBOHD1 without any incident. Didnt watch the match though as I saw Match Of The Day when I got in last night.

By all indications the match took up a big chunk of HDD space so it should have been pretty good quality.
Even if it was SD quality - it would take about the same space if you recorded the HD channel.

The space used inidcates the amount of information stored and not its quality.

I also bought the Prem + season ticket. Tried to record the Utd v Fulham game today and it wouldn't record. I'll try again next weekend.

PhilJam

Has anybody got to the bottom of this? I've been unable to record any Prem Plus games or order them via the Sky box office, I normally have to ring up the box office to get the match started.

I NEED to be able to record the Villa game this Saturday and I do not trust the manual record that Sky have directed me to do (everything else they have suggested I have already tried). I suspect the issue is more related to some restriction or other on my viewing card, even though I am a Prem Plus subscriber.

I also have a season ticket and managed to record it - however I was flagged that 'if I were to start playback during recording, I would be charged at full price!' also that the recording would be automatically deleted at midnight on Monday! Is this the norm, btw I live in Ireland.

Apparently you need to book record before kick off and programme record through box office key not through epg.

Apparently you need to book record before kick off and programme record through box office key not through epg.

That was the very first thing that Sky told me to do (and how I'd try to book it as well), but it just comes up with the following message (wording might be a little off):

"Unable to record the programme please contact Sky customer services on our 0870 number)

The fix eventually worked for me.But like you i missed out on games until sky admited there was a info prob on my viewing card and sorted it. However for four months of incomplete prem plus they offered me the princley sum of 3 yes 3 euro compo.........unbelievable.

I seem to remember lots of people saying they were unable to record PremPlus match last season - the problem being with a record now - preset records worked fine.

Its not an HD issue but a PremPlus PPV one.

Thats right, this not really a HD related issue, its related to the sky+ side of the box. My HD box, Sky+ 160 in another room, and a mates pace box all do this now and again with this, sky say just do a manual record.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom