Can't Record Sky Through Samsung HR735

dillinja

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have the Samsung LE32R74, HR735 and a Sky box (old).

What is the best way to connect these up so that I can use the timeslip feature and record SKY?

I have tried every combination I can think of including some suggestions in this forum but when I record SKY I just get fuzz. I must be doing something wrong!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Bump

Have tried all possible connections. The problem seems to be as soon as I try to record or even go to the DVD menu, I lose the SKY so can't tune it in. The Autotuner never finds anything.

Because I have tried all connection combinations, it might not be the connections. Is there a setting somewhere which I haven't configured correctly or something?

I connected mine from vcr scart out on from sky and into scart av1 on dvd recorder,then just select channel av1 on your recorder and that's it.I don't think autotuner picks up scart connentions.

Thanks, but how do you select channel AV1 on the recorder please? With this set up I can't even get to the menu on the DVD.......

jonna said:
I connected mine from vcr scart out on from sky and into scart av1 on dvd recorder,then just select channel av1 on your recorder and that's it.I don't think autotuner picks up scart connentions.

If the Autotuner doesn't pick up scart connections, how does it record them?

Use your remote control (or on your recorder) button - CH- to go up and down channels.Usely when on BBC1 the next channels down are your Av channels

jonna said:
Use your remote control (or on your recorder) button - CH- to go up and down channels.Usely when on BBC1 the next channels down are your Av channels

OMFG, how emarassed am I? All I had to do was change the damn input!

It's all working now of course...Thanks mate

me<=======noob!

Hi,
Couldnt geta bit of guidance.

I have the samsung LE40R74BDX LCD TV and am lookig to buy a HD/DVD recorder.

have narrowed it down to either the samsung R735 of the JVCMH300.
Both have HDMI and have 160GB HD.

what do you think of the HR735? Pleased with it?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom