1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't record in 'DVD' quality now ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by RecordablDVDfan, Mar 6, 2004.

1. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    It appears since I installed a Skystar 2 sat tv card any s/w I use like Ulead Videostudio 7.0 is unable to record any off air tv from my Hauppaugue Win TV card. When I hit the capture button the video freezes and I have to force an exit of the program. I am unable to re-load the prog until I re-boot also. Prior to installtion all was well.

It seems some of the codecs or whatever with the skystar's drivers are screwing up the mpeg encoders in some way ? Is the Skystar card sucking resources from the pc more than it should do ?

I've uninstalled / re-installed the Ulead s/w but no change. Any ideas anyone ?

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,467
    Now that makes me nervous about installing my Skystar2! Not sure I'm sorry but hope you get it sorted

Cheers
    Andy

3. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I had a similar problem with a capture card and software conflicts, which I could not resolve. I worked round it by using a dual-boot system, and on one install, disabled the card and did not install any software or drivers for it, and all other software on the other OS. I then booted to the system where the capture card worked just to record the .AVI file, then boot to the other system for processing and anything else.

Clunky, but it works as a last resort.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, quite possibly an IRQ conflict.

Running SS2 cards in several PCs here without issue & there are capture cards fitted to some of these PCs.

Try your SS2 in another PCI slot, furthest away from your Hauppaugue card.

:smoke:

5. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    If it was an IRQ conflict surely I would be not be able to even run the win tv app ?

Why should a pci slot futhur away from the the win tv card help though ?

Actually in Windows ME there is no problem (dual boot pc)