1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't record from Freeview!!

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Lizzybif, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I have a Humax F2-1001T Freeview box and when I got a DVDrecorder there was a copywright problem which meant I couldn't record from Freeview.

Humax sent me an updated box to correct this problem. I tuned it into Channel 5 of my TV like the other box but I can't get this on my VCR (which I am still using in the meantime instead of the DVDrecorder)which means I can only record analogue channels and when the VCR is on Channel 5 disappears from the TV!!

Can anyone help as this is doing my head in!!! :thumbsdow

Thanks!

Liz

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    Can't you use a SCART lead to copy from the Humax to the DVD recorder?
    Better quality and no tuning required.

3. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I would like to get it tuned into my VCR/DVD combi as I want to use it as a back up in case anything ever goes wrong with my DVD recorder.

Liz

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    A lot of boxes are pre-tuned to the same frequency as channel 5, so one will often wipe out the other. You need to choose an alternative channel, but I have no experience of that particular box, so I'm afraid you'll need to consult the manual.

5. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I tried tuning Freeview into Channel 6 on the TV but that made no difference. Maybe it's the same frequency as Channel 5?

I'm really sorry but I am a complete technophobe so what do I look for in the Humax manual? :confused:

I would have thought this box, which is exactly the same except for the update for the copywright problem, would have been on the same frequency as my 'old' one?

6. JohnW14

JohnW14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Silly question time, but can you receive analogue Channel 5? If not (and if I'm reading your post correctly you can't) you should not need to change frequencies of the box.

However it sounds more like the RF modulator in your Humax is not working. I'm not familiar with the model but looking at the technical specs on the Humax Website (http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/pdf/F2-1001T.pdf) the box should be preset to output at channel 36. If you're able, manually tune your VCR (and to test also your TV) to 36 and see what you get. If nowt, the modulator's knackered, assuming it's linked up correctly:

1. Aerial wall socket to Humax RF In
    2. Humax RF Out to VCR RF In
    3. VCR RF Out to TV

Hope this helps

7. Lizzybif

Lizzybif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi John

No I don't get Channel 5 analogue.

I thought I'd cracked it today as I changed the UHF channel on my Freeview box and the VCR no longer affected Channel 5.
    However, I still couldn't get it tuned into my VCR! Very frustrating as I'm sure it is quite simple but just can't fathom it out.
    I've tried both a manual search and an automatic search on my VCR but, for some reason, it just doesn't 'pick up' Channel 5. I'm not able to Tune in Channel 36 either!

I phoned the place where I bought the Freeview box from so he's sending an engineer around next week.

I would hope it's not the RF modulator which is a problem as it is a brand new box?

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to try to help me. It's much appreciated and, as I said, it's probably something quite simple!

Liz

ps I do have it set up correctly.