Can't record DVDs - HELP!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by finnis, Apr 27, 2004.

1. finnis

finnis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got a JVC TV with 3 scarts, and I've tried to rig up my sky+, DVD recorder (DMR e55) and DVD player (PANNY 35).

All works well, except when I try and record on to DVD-r something I've recorded on DVD-Ram. The DVD recorder doesn't "see" the DVD player.

Have got the tv going to sky+, going to DVD recorder, then back to TV. Player is just plugged direct in to AV2 (RGB).

What am I doing wrong?

2. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I believe you need to plug (by scart) the player and the recorder together. ie Ram in the player, scart out of the player to the scart in of the recorder.
    Regards

3. finnis

finnis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Any idea how? I've got 3 scarts on the TV, two on my decoder, two on the recorder and one on the player. What do you reckon?

4. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Your not doing anything wrong, to record ram from the player to the recorder you will have to swap plugs about as per my first post. This is not meant as a permanent set-up, you need to plug scart from the player to the recorder when you want to record, then when finished you will have to swap the leads back.
    I dont know of another way unless someone more knowledgable than me does know but I believe that may involve scart switching boxes etc
    Regards