1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't record digital from an LG digi television!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by loofer, Dec 27, 2004.

1. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got an LG DI-28FZ11 digital television which i've just connected to a Panasonic E55 DVD recorder but i can't get the bloody thing to record or recieve any of the digital channels! i can get all the anologue ones but i'm getting nothing on the digital side, can anyone help?

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    You will need to select which-ever AV input you are using on your E55 DVD recorder, that means your DVD will need to record digital through your scart lead(from your TV).
    This (AV input) may be called either AV1/2 or L1/L2 or EXT1/2.
    You will then need to leave your TV on the channel you want to record.
    Nigel

3. loofer

loofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah that's the problem i'm having though, my dvd recorder has 4 av inputs but none of them are showing any digi channels. i've tried all three scarts on the back of the tv but i'm getting nothing. There's one strange thing about this tv though, it doesn't have an RF out at the back, the ariel goes into the dvd recorder then out into the tv, i was wondering if that could be affecting it?

Should the dvd recorder be able to get a digital signal from a scart lead or would it need an RF out from the tv if that's what's doing the digital decoding?