Cant receive sky picture on new upstairs telly

Elainechad

Standard Member
I have just changed the upstairs telly, which worked perfectly receiving all sky channels, now the new telly isnt receiving any sky channels but it does receive freeview channels, if I point the sky remote at the upstairs telly the channels will change downstairs but there is still no picture coming through on the upstairs telly. The rf outlet is switched on at the sky HD box. Can anyone please help me with this problem.

Stevenage Neil

You need to use the TV's analogue tuner - not the digital, Freeview one.

Broadz

And you need to tune the new telly's analogue tuner in to whatever frequency the Sky box is outputting its analogue signal on. Which will probably be the default of 68.

Elainechad

Standard Member
Thank you, we have got a picture now but unfortunately we cant get any sound through, on the previous telly we had to use the telly remote for the volume (not the sky remote) but we cant get any volume on the new telly with either the sky remote or the telly remote

Stevenage Neil

Go into the TV options and make sure the System is set to PAL I.

Broadz

we cant get any volume on the new telly with the telly remote
Sounds like your new telly is broken. Once you get one where the volume works, follow the instructions for putting the TV code into the Sky remote, and you will find you can use either the TV or Sky remote to control the volume on the television.

logiciel

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Sounds like you have it set for the wrong country. On analogue, different countries used different audio sub carriers. Make sure it is set to UK and is properly tuned, as it is possible to get a picture, but be far enough out for the audio to mute.

Elainechad

Standard Member
Thank you, I am sorry if I sound a bit thick but I have no knowledge of tellys, when you say go into options, do you mean on the new telly or options on sky,

Elainechad

Standard Member
Have gone into the menu then sound options and there is nothing that gives you an option for PAL I, everything is set to English, have gone through and altered things then put them back again but no where is there an option for PAL I

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom