cant print photos at 7 x 5. HELP

wils81

Standard Member
i have a 1gb xd card in a fuji z1 and yesterday i went to the photo printing shop and put my card in the machine hoping to print holiday snaps at 7 x 5. After putting the card in the machine the only size that came up was 6 x 4.

I am no expert so excuse my ignorance but there was 160 pictures on the camera. Does this mean that when a picture is scaled up to 7 x 5, the memory card has to use more data and because of this, my card couldnt cope with all the pictures and so only allowing me to print 6x4.

stevegreen

This is more likely to do with the machine recognising the format of your pictures and suggesting the correct size to print, 7x5 is a different ratio to 6x4 so maybe it would be a better idea to upload them to Photobox and scale them to the size you want to print, not what a machine is telling you to print them at.

wils81

Standard Member
another thing i forgot to mention is that i also wanted to make a cd up of the pics on the card but when the card was entered, the machine couldnt find any pictures in the directory.

TeleMad

Novice Member
Hey

Can I ask what camera you are uploading your pictures from?

I know some kiosks work out a dpi value, and if it drops below 150dpi for example, then the format will disappear?

Just a thought, of course :)

If you're wanting something printing larger, then you can upscale (using software such as genuine fractals) with super results.

Cheers

Lee

TeleMad

Novice Member
Edit: Just re-read, you're using a Z1? Is this a 5.1MP camera?

You should be getting images with a resolution of 2,592 x 1,944 pixels at the highest setting.

8" x 6" should be easily achievable at 300dpi, therefore it shouldn't be a problem :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom