Question cant play my video clip

c h f

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys, I have just been looking at my home mad video clips, and there are a couple that will not play now! I am certain they played when I first video'd them, I have tried changing the media to no avail, I have took a snippet of the on screen information, and seeked web help but its all beyond my comprehension, So I wonder if you guys can help me cheers
cant play video clip.PNG

Windows media player isn't particularly flexible in video format support. You obviously have VLC installed as the file has it's icon so try playing them in that instead.

Windows media player isn't particularly flexible in video format support. You obviously have VLC installed as the file has it's icon so try playing them in that instead.
As stated I have tried changing the media ! if I remember correctly, I was Windows media player to start with then I tried with VCL still not able to play ?

As stated I have tried changing the media!

I didn't understand what you meant by that. So you've tried playing them with VLC. Does it give a more detailed error message than 'unable to play'?

I didn't understand what you meant by that. So you've tried playing them with VLC. Does it give a more detailed error message than 'unable to play'?
something about codec thats all

Last edited:
something about codec thats all

Download MediaInfo and open the clip. Select View and then Treeview, choose export and text. Open the resulting file in notepad. Export the text to the clipboard and paste it into a post.

MediaInfo - Download

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom