Can't play E95 ram recordings on my pc

cdb

Established Member
Reaction score
Should I be able to play the dvd-ram recorings I make on my Panasonic E95 on my pc, or is there anything I need to do to them first? I can't find a finalise option for ram.

If I try to play them, power dvd gives some sort of drivers error and windows media player won't access them and neither will real player.

On the disc is a dvd_rtav folder
with 3 files:- vr_mangr, vr_movie.vro and vr_mangr.bup

:lease:

Firstly, is your DVD ROM (on PC) able to play DVD-RAM discs?

Secondly, DVD-RAM doesn't need to be finalised.

If he can see the files his drive is DVD-RAM compatible (Sorry PhilipL!). What Operating System are you using? What make/brand of drives do you have? And what version of PowerDVD are you using?

You may well need DVD-RAM drivers which can be obtained from here:
http://kenny.storageinfo.co.kr/

It's windows XP, It's one of the early ram (in caddy) drives Matsu****a (Panasonic?) LF-D310

When I put the ram out of my pc into my new recorder it insisted I had to format it, which I did. My pc can see the recoded files but no program can actually play them.
Should it have the same file structure as a pre recorded dvd? ie audio_ts and video_ts (I think)

It's power DVD 5.

Also when I played a finalised dvd-r the bottom 10mm or so of the picture was offest like when playing a worn video tape. :eek:

Should it have the same file structure as a pre recorded dvd? ie audio_ts and video_ts (I think)
No - it should be as you described in your first post. You need to use a VR compatible programme to use the recordings. If you want to convert DVD-RAM to DVD-R then have a look at the link in my signature. If you just want to play them on your PC then you will need a VR capable programme such as WinDVD 4 or above. I'm not sure whether PowerDVD 5 supports VR - certainly the latest versions do.

Sounds like it could be a driver issue then - did you download and install the DVD-RAM drivers I linked to?

Do you mean the A128 firmware (I think) update for the DVD ram drive? If so, I've downloaded it, but not installed it as I haven't a clue how to do it........yet.

No - I wouldn't worry about the firmware update yet - the DVD-RAM driver is somewhere on that site but you may find it easier to get it from this one. Don't worry that your drive isn't listed - the file is just a generic driver. Naturally virus check any file you download from the internet!

Right, I've updated the firmware and the dvd ram driver and I get the following, which I assume is the same as before.

Error 8004027b

DVD-Video playback graph could not be built due to insufficient decoders.

Sorted! Uninstalled and Re installed Power DVD5 :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom