• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Can't pair Sky HD remote with LG 32LD450 TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pault2007

Prominent Member
I was wondering if someone could help.

We've recently had Sky HD installed and lately, the volume buttons on our Sky HD remote (revision 9F) haven't been working with our LG 32LD450 TV.

The programme up and down buttons work fine but when I press the volume buttons, nothing happens and the light doesn't even come on on the Sky box.

The standby button works on the remote, though.

I've tried putting in the codes suggested on Sky's web site (using the code finder wizard) and I've also tried the '990' blink-back method by counting the number of led blinks after pressing 1-4 and entering the resulting number.

The code entry method I've been using is:

- Press TV button with remote aimed away from box
- Aimed at box, press Select and red button together
- Remote led blinks twice
- Enter 4 digit code
- Remote led blinks twice
- Press Select to store
- Press Sky button to test

Is this the correct method?

Is there anything else I can try - apart from buying a new remote?

Mum says that the volume on the Sky remote was working fine until we pressed standby on the LG's remote and shouldn't have done. Could this have had an impact on things?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Last edited:

smiler30

Established Member
Try this method,
Press tv on sky remote,
Press red and select together until led blinks twice,
Press tv again,
Key in the code 0056,
Press standby then tv, repeat until tv goes off,
Press select to store the code.

0056 works on pretty much all lg tvs I have set up.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
I've tried putting in the codes suggested on Sky's web site (using the code finder wizard) and I've also tried the '990' blink-back method by counting the number of led blinks after pressing 1-4 and entering the resulting number.
All this does is tell you what the last code was that you have stored in the remote - it is NOT a magic way of finding correct codes.

logiciel

the volume on the Sky remote was working fine until we pressed standby on the LG's remote and shouldn't have done. Could this have had an impact on things?
It shouldn't have done but does the TV's own remote still control it normally?

pault2007

Prominent Member
It shouldn't have done but does the TV's own remote still control it normally?

No - I should've mentioned that the volume doesn't work on the LG's remote, either.

I'll try the code and method that smiler30 above suggested and get back to this thread if it doesn't work.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
I should've mentioned that the volume doesn't work on the LG's remote, either.

TV's duff, or, you're going to tell us something new like the sound goes via an AV receiver?

Last edited:

logiciel

the volume doesn't work on the LG's remote
Then the Sky remote can't control the volume, and there's no point in trying to make it do so.

SevloW

Distinguished Member
Try using the volume up/down buttons on the right hand side of the tv and see if that works.

Does the LG remote operate anything on the tv, channel change etc ?

Make certain that the remote control sensor on the bottom right of the tv is not obscured in any way.

pault2007

Prominent Member
The volume up/down buttons on the right hand side of the tv work but it's obviously not as convenient.

The LG remote operates almost everything on the TV - apart from the volume.

The remote control sensor on the TV isn't covered and interestingly, the volume and mute buttons on the Sky remote are the only buttons that don't make the red remote control light on the box next to the power light come on.

I tried the code method and code in smiler30's post but no luck.

logiciel

If by "box" you mean the Sky machine then as M P says it's as it should be that "the only buttons that don't make the red remote control light on the box next to the power light come on", so there's nothing wrong with that.
S N had the answer to the problem, and there's nothing that can be done to the remote to do anything about it.

pault2007

Prominent Member
Sorry - by 'box', I did mean the Sky box.

Thanks for your help everyone.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
What type and version number of remote are you using - on white label inside battery cover Rev ??

For Rev 09 the correct code for your TV is 1868 according to the guide on Sky interactive (Program my Sky remote) on your Sky box - there appears to be no code for Rev 08 remotes.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
It's pretty pointless as even his TV remote will not work!

HD sceptic

Established Member
Check the TV menu settings. Some have volume locks for when they are used in place like pubs, offices, shops etc to stop customers winding the volume up to full.

If yours doesn't have this feature I would suggest your TV has developed a fault, and is ignoringremote commands for certain functions

pault2007

Prominent Member
Just to let you all know that the problem's been resolved and the volume now works on the Sky remote.

Someone at home fiddled with the LG TV's remote and discovered that the 'Energy Saving' button had been pressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom